What I've Been Reading Lately


When I have free time, there's nothing I love more than reading. I used to do it all the time when I was younger, but with uni work taking over my life for the past few years I haven't read as much as I would like to. But thanks to my 5 month summer holiday, I've made plenty of time - so here's what I've enjoyed reading lately.

The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien
When I was younger, I was a huge Harry Potter fan and had little time for any other book series, but fast forward 10 years and I've finally read The Hobbit. I absolutely loved this book. It's very easy to read and I just flew through it. I loved reading all about Bilbo Baggins, his companions and their adventures together. The best part about reading this was I knew absolutely nothing about it, so every twist and turn was surprising to me. I would definitely recommend it to any Harry Potter/ASOIAF fans as Tolkien manages to build a very detailed and interesting world during The Hobbit and throughout The Lord of The Rings trilogy.

Yes Please by Amy Poehler
After binge watching Parks and Recreation and crying at the last ever episode, I knew I had to read Amy Poehler's book. I had a lot of expectations and it did not disappoint. It was really interesting to read about her early career and how much hard work she put in to get to where she is today. I find Amy so inspirational, particularly due to her views on feminism. This is a must read for any Parks and Rec fan.

Drums Of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon
I started reading the Outlander series last August, and I recently finished Drums Of Autumn which is the fourth book of the series. This series of books is even more daunting than ASOIAF, with 8 books, each with over 1000+ pages. I have to say, this is probably my least favourite so far. It felt more like a series of short stories rather than one flowing plot. Not a lot seemed to happen to further the story, until the last 200 or so pages. However, I do enjoy the series and it's hopefully set up some plot points for further novels.

I also love reading Vogue (even if it's just full of adverts!). I even bought myself a little journal to keep note of what I've read - I found the idea on Instagram and I thought it was quite cute! If you enjoy reading you can keep up with my book recommendations on Goodreads.

What have you been reading lately?

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lucy Fiona

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig