My Favourite Designers Part One - Chanel, Christian Dior and Dolce & Gabbana

Although I love street style and high street fashion, I also really love high-end/couture designers. I find it super interesting how intricate and detailed the clothes are and how much time and effort goes in to making them. So I thought I share my favourite designers in this three part series.

Chanel
SS04 | SS15 | FW14

Although I haven't been as impressed with Chanel's recent collections, I suppose they're a sentimental favourite. Chanel was the first designer brand that I was really interested in, partly because of those beautiful bags and partly because of their classic and timeless style. I'm more interested in vintage Chanel - the classic handbags, the black suits and the boucle jackets.

Christian Dior
SS12 | SS15 | FW14

I never used to pay much attention to Christian Dior, but last year I did a university presentation on 1950's style and Christian Dior was one of the main designers of that era. He completely changed the way women dressed at that time, and since then the brand had continued to produce classic and beautiful designs.

Dolce & Gabbana
SS15 | SS14 | SS15


There is nothing that I don't love about Dolce and Gabbana. Compared to Chanel and Christian Dior, it's a relatively new brand as it was only created in 1985, but it feels as if it's been around for ever. It's by far my favourite of the Italian designers (although I do have a soft spot for Giambattista Valli!). I love their attention to detail - even the hair is highly styled and beautiful! 

Do you like any of these designers?

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lucy Fiona

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig