What I've Been Reading Lately #2


The Lord of The Rings Trilogy by J. R. R. Toklien
The ultimate fantasy trilogy. After I read The Hobbit, I quickly moved onto The Lord of The Rings trilogy, and it did not disappoint. As it's spaced out into 3 books and 6 different parts, the pace was much slower than The Hobbit, but it was still really enjoyable. I felt like we got to know the characters much better, with old favourites like Gandalf and Bilbo returning. I loved the introduction of the little group of hobbits - the relationships between Merry and Pippin and Frodo and Sam were so special and lovely. There was also a few twists and turns that I certainly didn't expect - I would definitely recommend this to any fantasy lover.

Emma by Jane Austen
This was my first Jane Austen novel and only my second ever classic novel. I did really like this book but I found it really difficult to get through. Maybe it's because I'm not used to reading classics, but I didn't find myself wanting to read through it continuously and it seemed like there was no plot. It was more like a collection of short stories to me. Although it picked up towards the end, I don't think it will be one that I'll be reaching for again.

Techbitch by Lucy Sykes and Jo Piazza
This is the perfect chick-lit book for anyone interested in technology, fashion and the magazine industry. It's super easy to read and gives a real insight into the use of technology and how it's changing the magazine industry. The only thing I didn't like was that Imogen knew literally nothing about social media or technology - even my nan and granda know what Facebook is!

The Fame Game by Lauren Conrad
I read the L.A. Candy series when it first game out and I'd had this book sitting on my shelf for a few years now before I finally decided to pick it up. I think I read this within a day, like the previous series it's really easy to read and only 300 pages long. Again, it centres on the creation of a reality TV show in LA, with some characters from the previous books returning and the introduction of two new main characters. The plot twists were kind of predictable and easy to read, but I was still hooked in wondering what was going to happen. I can't wait to pick up the last two in the series!

Have you read any of these books? What did you think?

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lucy Fiona

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig