What I've Been Reading Lately #3




Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
I never used to really like YA books - but this completely changed my opinion. I can't begin to describe how much I love this book! Anna and the French Kiss centres around a boarding school in Paris, specifically for American children. Anna's father sends her there for her final year and we get to follow her as she makes new friends and falls in love with the most popular boy in school, Etienne St. Clair. I originally only read this book because it was based in Paris but I fell in love with it for other reasons. Anna and Etienne's relationship is just so lovely! Stephanie Perkins followed the book up with two companion novels - centred around new characters but still featuring others from the original novel - which are just as amazing as Anna and the French Kiss. I loved Isla and the Happily Ever After, it made me cry at the end!

Beyond The Kingdoms (The Land of Stories #4) by Chris Colfer

The Land of Stories is one of my favourite series so I was so excited when Beyond The Kingdoms was finally released. Starting where the last novel left off, we follow Alex, Connor and their friends as they chase the Masked Man and follow him through some childhood favourite books such as Alice In Wonderland and Peter Pan. In a way, I think this was Chris Colfer's best book so far. I really enjoyed being introduced to new worlds such as Neverland and meeting new characters from some of my favourite stories. It also ended on a massive cliffhanger so I'm now eagerly awaiting the next instalment!

Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians) by Rick Riordan
When I was younger I really only cared about Harry Potter so I never read other book series, I'm annoyed it's taken me so long to read this! Percy Jackson is just an ordinary boy - until he discovers that he's the son of a Greek God. The novel follows him and his friends on their quest to save the world from a war between Zeus and his brothers. I really enjoyed this book - it was easy to read and I liked how there wasn't much build up. We were straight into the action which was fun. I've also always been interested in mythology so it's nice to be able to learn about it on the way along. I've already picked up the second and third books in this series so I can't wait to start them!

Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton
I had never seen any of the movies before I read this book so I wasn't really sure what to expect but it's become one of my all time favourites! Obviously, it centres around Jurassic Park - an amusement park where the main attraction is genetically engineered dinosaurs. However, disaster strikes when the power cuts out and the dinosaurs try to take over the park. I loved learning about the different types of dinosaurs and how they managed to create them again! The book had really short chapters, which only made me want to keep reading. From the last 50-100 pages I was so tense reading it as I had no idea what was going to happen - I'd definitely recommend it!

Have you read any of these books? What did you think?

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lucy Fiona

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig