What I've Been Watching Recently #1


It's no secret that I watch a lot of TV and films - my nights are normally dedicated to relaxing in front of my TV with Pascal sleeping beside me! I thought I'd share what I've been loving recently:

Wet Hot American Summer
When this was advertised on Netflix I wasn't that interested in it - but when I realised just how star studded the cast was (Amy Poehler, Paul Rudd & Bradley Cooper!) I decided to give it a shot. I hadn't seen the film so I wasn't sure what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised. It is without a doubt, one of the weirdest, funniest things I've ever watched. The style and humour kind of reminded me of a mix between Community and Parks and Recreation which can only be a good thing. Michael Showalter completely stole the show as Coop and Ronald Reagan. I also loved Chris Pine as Eric! I really hope they make a second season but 8 episodes was just not enough - definitely one of my favourite shows now!

If you love this you'll love: Parks and Recreation, Community

Jurassic Park
After reading the novel, I thought it was finally time I watched the film. Although I loved it, I didn't enjoy it as much as the book. There was quite a few characters left out, and not all the deaths were the same. The ending was also different - instead of destroying the park and killing the dinosaurs they just left it all behind! However, I did like that Lex was the one that was smart with computers and managed to get the power back on. In the book she was had no clue what to do about anything!

If you love this you'll love: (I have no clue for this one, but probably Star Wars or something? Idk)

Suits
I started watching Suits back in January and I was very quickly hooked on it. I'd completely forgotten that season 5 started in June so I was happy to see that it's already on in the UK! I love following the lives of Harvey and Mike and I've always enjoyed a good law tv show. 

If you love this you'll love: How To Get Away With Murder, The Good Wife

The Great British Bake Off
This is without a doubt my favourite reality TV show - I have a slight obsession with Mary Berry and I love Paul Hollywood's dry comments! Who knew a show about baking would be so good?! Honestly, there's nothing more tense than watching someone make an ice-cream cake, only to discover the ice-cream is too big (I'm looking at you Alvin!)

If you love this you'll love: Cake Boss - The Next Great Baker

What have you been watching recently?

P.S. Hope you all enjoy my reflection in my iPad screen.

1 comment

  1. I've never seen Jurassic Park but intrigued to hear that it is a book. Might have to give it a go, then might finally get over my childhood fear of that film and be able to watch it!

    ReplyDelete

© Lucy Fiona

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig